I love my ramen/ instant noodle. I literally eat ramen noodle since I was a tiny baby inside mom’s belly. She never surprised about the fact that I can eat instant noodle everyday beside always scolding me about how bad it is to your body. According to her, while she was pregnant with me, all she was craving for was instant noodle, and only the hot type. I also first learn how to cook from making some yummy noodle. Every family has some noodle lying around somewhere waiting till you just want some quick meal. But it is so boring to just boil up the water, put in the seasoning package and wait till the noodle get soften. So why not kick it up a notch a little bit, there is plenty of ingredient that lying around the fridge. This is all the simple steps on how to make the best tasting instant noodles.
- Cook the noodle in a pot instead of just pouring hot water in a bowl. Instant noodle needs to be cook thoroughly in order for your stomach to digest it. Wait until the water to come to a boil, put in the noodle and let’s it cook for at least one minute.
- The best ingredient is boiled egg. Throw a boil egg in there and you have the protein you need. You can also poach the egg by cracking it into the boiling water and cover it for one minute. Break the egg yolk when you are ready to eat.
- Vege it all up. Onion, scallion, tomato and baby bok choy is all of my favorite to put in my instant noodle. If you like any other vege family, feel free to experiment but I won’t recommend any potato. My first go to is baby bok choy though.
- Ditch the seasoning that come with the package. You don’t need it. Season it with your seasoning in your pantry. Switch from just tap water to chicken broth and it will make it way better.
- If you want to be more fancy, saute minced garlic with some thin slice beef and bok choy, then add some beef broth. No one will know that it is from an instant noodle.
- Be careful when you use any kind of broth, they all very salty so you might want to add some water to reduce the salty taste.
- If you want something light, get some miso soup seasoning. It will make the broth taste very airy and light.
- Tofu is also one of my favorite to put in my noodle bowl. You can either fried them or just boil them in the broth.
So go ahead and give it a try, you will be surprise how great a package of instant noodle can turn out just by putting fresh ingredient in it.