I suffered from acne since I was in middle school and only kept it under control a couple of years ago, when I started using natural ingredients on my skin. Don’t get me wrong, I still rely most of my skin care routine on trusted products that were developed by good companies. The little things I noticed while using chemical products was the changes in the appearance of my skin. It was getting a lot drier and I had to re-apply my moisture or toner mist multiple time a day. One day, I decided to stop using all the acne treatment products beside my face wash and substituted everything else with homemade facial mask to fight acne and add moisture back to my skin at the same time. From then on, I’m not only save a tons of money but my skin is also improved tremendously. Today, I’m happy to share with you three of my favorite homemade facial mask recipes that you can make using ingredients in your pantry.
Oatmeal + Tea Tree Oil + Honey
3/4 cup of oatmeal
1 tablespoon Tea Tree Oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 cup of water
1. Put oatmeal in your processor/blender and process the oatmeal till it turn into flour.
2. Put the oats in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of water.
3. Put the mixture in the microwave and turn it on for one minute on high temperature.
4. Add tea tree oil and honey in the hot oatmeal mixture.
5. Stir everything together and wait until the paste decrease to room temperature.
6. Spread the mask on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
7. Rinse the mask with warm water and dry your skin with the prepared hot/warm towel.
8. Apply toner and moisturizer as needed.
Green Tea, Granulated Sugar, Lemon Juice
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Brew the tea with twice as much water as you normally do. Let the bag(leaves) soak for a full hour and wait for the water to cool down.
2. Remove the bag, cut it to get the leaves inside. If you use tea tree leaves, cut it into small pieces. Add the leaves back into the liquid with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Mix everything together.
3. Apply to your skin using circular motion, let it sit for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with warm water.
Egg White, Lemon Juice
Peel Off Mask to Clear Black Heads and Shrink Pores
1 Egg White
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1. Beat the egg white while adding the lemon juice. Mix well together.
2. Use the fan brush(face brush) and apply the mixture on your face. Avoiding the eyes and mouth area.
3. Take the thin tissue, cut out the area for your eyes and mouth, gently place it on your face and pat it down. You can cut it into several small pieces if desire.
4. Apply another layer of the mixture on top of the tissue. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes or till dry.
5. Remove the mask started from the chin area upward.
6. Rinse with warm water.
I hope you enjoy this post and if you like it, please check out Turmeric Face Mask Recipe.