I tend not too cook alot of Asian dishes at home. The reason is too much prep time and cooking time. Let’s face it, we are mothers who rather spending time sipping a glass of wine then slaving away in a kitchen all day long. In Vietnam, a traditional Vietnamese meal consistence of a meat dish, a soup dish, some kind of vegetable dish and serve with white rice. It takes alot of time to cook 3 meals every day like that and seriously speaking, “ain’t nobody have time for that”.
So my go to Chinese dish dinner night is stir-fry anything, all you need is your protein and a combination of all the vegetables that you like. You can serve it with fluffy white rice or just throw in some egg noodle. This meal doesn’t need a lot of prep time and the cooking time is under 20 minutes. Enjoy and comment below to let’s me know how it turns out.
- Chicken Breast
- Green Pepper
- Baby Corn
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Chinese Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Seed (optional)
- -Cut the chicken breast in bite size cube.
- -Season the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- -Fine chopped the garlic.
- -Prepare all the vegetable by washing it and cut it in slices however thick you want it.
- -Heat up a large wok or pan with some olive oil.
- -Put in some chopped garlic and stir till light golden.
- -Pour in the chicken and saute till the chicken have a golden brown color. You want to do this with medium to high heat.
- -Throw in the carrot first because it takes the longest to cook in all the vegetable.
- -Put in the rest of the mushroom and green pepper.
- -Turn the heat down to medium to low.
- -Put in soy sauce, chinese wine and season to taste with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- -Let the sauce shimmer for 5 minutes and put in 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Don't put too much sesame oil because it will empower the whole dish, you will not like it.
- -Serve hot over white/brown rice, top it off with some sesame seed or cilantro (optional)