We all love a shrimp tempura but most of the restaurant I think charge way too much for a couple of shrimp. You will be surprise how easy it is to make this dish and it only takes less than 30 minutes.
- Shrimp. You can get medium to jumbo shrimp. It is all up to your liking. I use the medium shrimp in the frozen section that already devein and peel. You should leave the tail on for appearance, if not you can take it off as well.
- Salt & pepper.
- Clean shrimp, devein if it is not already done. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix 2 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of water to a thick consistency. You can mix more flour if you make a big batch of tempura. Just use the ratio 2:1, make sure it doesn’t become too runny. I also season the mixture with salt and pepper slightly. Make sure you don’t season too much because the shrimp already has season on it as well.
- Put panko in a medium to large size bowl so you can easy toast the shrimp around.
- Heat the oil to 320. Make sure the oil is not too hot or the panko will burn.
- The next part is pretty simple, you just dip the shrimp in the flour mixture and toast them in the panko and put the shrimp in the hot oil. Keep your eye on the shrimp because shrimp tend to cook really fast and the panko is very easy to burn if you fried it for too long.
- Serve hot and enjoy your shrimp tempura.