Who doesn’t love egg roll? I love egg roll and it is my go to prep food to store in the freezer. I usually make a batch of 100 egg rolls and it will last for a month. But let’s face it, it always gone within 2 weeks. The ingredient is also vary on what you want to eat, but keep in mind that it have to be either dry root or vege that doesn’t hold on to moisture. If you put in vege like cabbage, bean sprout which contain a lot of moisture and juice, the wrap will get soft and become mushy mush *lol* So let’s get it started in here!!!!
- 3 Carrot
- 1 -2 lbs Ground Pork (Ground Turkey for more healthier choice)
- 1 Onion
- Shiitake Mushroom/Dry Black Fungus (you can find this easily at any Asian Market)
- Glass Noodle or Bean Thread Noodle (also at the Asian Market)
- 2 Eggs
- Green Onion
- Big Taro Root (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Fish Sauce
- Knor Chicken Seasoning
- Egg Roll Wrap or Spring Roll Wrap (One bag comes with 25 wraps)
- Mandolin Slicer
- - Put the Shiitake mushroom in lukewarm water to get it soften up. You only need to use half of the bag or less. It is all depend on how many you want to make. After the mushroom get soften, chop it up but not too fine.
- - Put the glass noodle in lukewarm water as well. Cut the noodle in small pieces as well.
- - You will need to thinly chop all your root ingredient such as carrot and big taro root. The big taro root is very hard to find and sometime it doesn't even that fresh. If you can't find it, don't worry and just get more carrot instead.
- - You might want to get a mandolin slicer to slice the root all nice and even.
- - Chop onion and green onion in fine pieces. You don't want to bite in your egg roll and taste a chunk of onion.
- - Put all your chopped onion, green onion, carrot, big taro, Shiitake mushroom and glass noodle in a big bowl with either ground pork or turkey. The bigger the bowl, the better you can mix all the ingredient up.
- - Put in 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk in the mixture. Don't throw away the egg white. You will need it to seal the egg roll wrap.
- - Seasoning the mixture with salt, pepper, Knor Chicken seasoning and fish sauce (lot of fish sauce). I don't really measure how much seasoning to put in because different people have different taste bud. Just season it like how you usually cook your food. If you want to check it, you can get a small scoop and microwave it to see if it is not over seasoning.
- - Time to get down and dirty. Mix everything up. I usually wear gloves and mix everything up for literally 5 minutes.
- - Cover and put in the fridge for 2 hrs.
- - After 2 hrs, time to wrap the egg roll. In every egg roll wrap, there is instruction on how to wrap your egg roll. Fried the egg roll in medium heat so the wrap doesn't get burn. Put the left over egg rolls that are not cook in a freezer. Whenever you want an egg roll, just take it out and fried up.
Enjoy and tell me how it come out when you try this at home 🙂